Micalizzi Scholarship Grants are available for woodworking students
The Collectors of Rare and Familiar Tools Society of New Jersey is a 501c(7) organization with over 350 members, founded in 1978. We administer a memorial fund created in the honor of the late Dominic Micalizzi, a CRAFTS member and premier woodworker. With this gift provided by the Micalizzi family, CRAFTS seeks to provide aid to young people who are interested in pursuing woodworking, possibly leading to a profession.
- Must be a NJ resident or if non-NJ you must be referred by a CRAFTS member.
- Applicants must be 23 years of age or younger.
- Classes must be structured to develop skills in woodworking and attended in person
- Applicants should apply for an award at least 30 days in advance of the start date for the desired course of study. CRAFTS will review all applications and reply with a determination on each request. Awards will be in the form of a credit arranged with the school in the applicant's name.
- Applications will be considered in the order received; 3 award commitments will be available each fiscal year as approved by the CRAFTS Board of Directors. The fiscal year is July 1 - June 30.
- Credit will be valid for 6 months from the date of award.
- Only one scholarship per year per household will be awarded.
What CRAFTS can offer is a tuition credit of $500 per student. Approval will be determined by the CRAFTS review committee and the participating school:
Mr. Sawdust School of Professional Woodworking in Hackettstown, NJ offers a variety of classes. See https://www.mrsawdustschool.com/overview
New Jersey School of Woodwork in Washington, NJ offers a variety of classes. See https://njsow.org/shop.html
How to Apply:
Open a grant application by clicking here for Mr. Sawdust School ...
or by clicking here for NJ School of Woodworking.
Download, fill in the form and mail it to the address shown therein.