Micalizzi Scholarship Grants are available for woodworking students
The Collectors of Rare and Familiar Tools Society of New Jersey is a 501c(7) organization with over 350 members, founded in 1978. We administer a memorial fund created in the honor of the late Dominic Micalizzi, a CRAFTS member and premier woodworker. With this gift provided by the Micalizzi family, CRAFTS seeks to provide aid to young people who are interested in pursuing woodworking, possibly leading to a profession.
- Must be a NJ resident or if non-NJ you must be referred by a CRAFTS member.
- Applicants must be 23 years of age or younger.
- Classes must be structured to develop skills in woodworking and attended in person
- Applicants should apply for an award at least 30 days in advance of the start date for the desired course of study. CRAFTS will review all applications and reply with a determination on each request. Awards will be in the form of a credit arranged with the school in the applicant's name.
- Applications will be considered in the order received; 3 award commitments will be available each fiscal year as approved by the CRAFTS Board of Directors. The fiscal year is July 1 - June 30.
- Credit will be valid for 6 months from the date of award.
- Only one scholarship per year per household will be awarded.
What CRAFTS can offer is a tuition credit of $500 per student. Approval will be determined by the CRAFTS review committee and the participating school:
Mr. Sawdust School of Professional Woodworking in Hackettstown, NJ offers a variety of classes. See https://www.mrsawdustschool.com/overview
New Jersey School of Woodwork in Washington, NJ offers a variety of classes. See https://njsow.org/shop.html
How to Apply: